NVIDIA DLI WORKSHOPS
NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI) offers hands-on training for developers, data scientists, and researchers looking to solve challenging problems with deep learning and accelerated computing.
DLI and University of Sannio (Dept. of Engineering) with University of Salerno (Dept. of Innovation Systems) are excited to announce the 2018 series of practical Deep Learning workshops exclusively for verifiable academic students, staff, and researchers.
Discover the 2018 workshop program organized jointly by University of Sannio and University of Salerno in collaboration with NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute. With the participation of Piero Altoé from NVIDIA, we will introduce aim and scope of the initiative, with an introduction to the exciting field of Deep Learning.
- May 21, 15h00 - University of Sannio, Dept. of Engineering, Benevento
- May 22, 10h30 - University of Salerno, Dept. of Innovation Systems, Fisciano
Explore the fundamentals of deep learning by training neural networks and using results to improve performance and capabilities.
In this workshop, you’ll learn the basics of deep learning by training and deploying neural networks. You’ll learn how to:
- Implement common deep learning workflows, such as image classification and object detection
- Experiment with data, training parameters, network structure, and other strategies to increase performance and capability
- Deploy your neural networks to start solving real-world problems
Upon completion, you’ll be able to start solving problems on your own with deep learning.
- May 29, 09h00 - University of Salerno, Dept. of Innovation Systems, Fisciano
- Jun 06, 09h00 - University of Sannio, Dept. of Engineering, Benevento
- Dec 07, 09h00 - Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Sep 13, 08h30 - PwC italia, Milan
Learn the latest deep learning techniques to understand textual input using natural language processing (NLP). You’ll learn how to:
- Convert text to machine-understandable representations and classical approaches
- Implement distributed representations (embeddings) and understand their properties
- Train machine translators from one language to another
Upon completion, you’ll be proficient in NLP using embeddings in similar applications.
- Nov 09, 09h00 - University of Sannio, Dept. of Engineering, Benevento
- Dec 13, 09h00 - University of Salerno, Dept. of Innovation Systems, Fisciano
This workshop explores how convolutional and recurrent neural networks can be combined to generate effective descriptions of content within images and video clips.
Learn how to train a network using TensorFlow and the Microsoft Common Objects in Context (COCO) dataset to generate captions from images and video by:
- Implementing deep learning workflows like image segmentation and text generation
- Comparing and contrasting data types, workflows, and frameworks
- Combining computer vision and natural language processing
Upon completion, you’ll be able to solve deep learning problems that require multiple types of data inputs.
- Nov 21, 09h00 - Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa
- Nov 29, 09h00 - University of Sannio, Dept. of Engineering, Benevento
- Jan 22, 09h00 - University of Salerno, Dept. of Innovation Systems, Fisciano